Suzuki DF50W bearing noise?

Larry Michael

Recruit
I have a new Suzuki DF50W outboard motor. From day one, there is a very loud, high pitched whine between 1300 and 2200 RPM. The whine is only when the motor is in gear and in forward motion. Any ideas? We had the new motor in the original box for two years before installing. All oils stay clean. About 50 hours on the motor now and no change in the noise. The pitch of the whine does not seem to change with speed of motor.

Tony-G

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DF50W bearing noise?

I have a new Suzuki DF50W outboard motor. From day one, there is a very loud, high pitched whine between 1300 and 2200 RPM. The whine is only when the motor is in gear and in forward motion. Any ideas? We had the new motor in the original box for two years before installing. All oils stay clean. About 50 hours on the motor now and no change in the noise. The pitch of the whine does not seem to change with speed of motor.

I have a 2013 DF70A with a similar issue, bearing type squeal between 1100-2000 RPM, this is only when in gear. The dealer tells me it is "normal" which I don't believe. I have insisted they contact Suzuki for a fix or replacement engine, the noise is not acceptable for the advanced technology of this engine.

Did you find out what the issue was for your engine?