1998 90hp froce carb rebuild kit??

A.Hoj

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1998 Force 90 hp. The carbs leak fuel when I shut the motor off, and even worse when I tilt the motor up. Also it stalls after a long ride and I back it down to Idle. I'm assuming the carbs need to be rebuilt. Can someone help me out with the correct part # for the rebuild kit? the serial number on the motor is 0E326317, and any other important info I might not find in the shop manual. I also noticed that they leak fuel from a little hole on the side of the carb. Not sure if this is caused by a bad needle valve or not.

Thanks.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 1998 90hp froce carb rebuild kit??

P/N is 809735A-1. The small hole on the side is most likely a fuel bowl vent. Fuel leaking from this hole is an indication that the needle valve is bad, debris between the needle valve and seat, or float level is set too high.

A.Hoj

Seaman Apprentice

Great thanks for the P/N. Hopefully I can get this done
without too many issues. I've rebuilt carbs on small engines, but never any like these. Not sure of any shops around me that would work on this motor, and do a decent job.

A.Hoj

Seaman Apprentice

Do I need to order 1 carb kit for each carb, or does the kit come with all the parts to repair all three carbs?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

The kit is for 1 carb. You have to order 1 kit for each carb. These carbs are pretty simple. Pay close attention to adjusting the float level. Next issue you'll face is doing a "Link & Sync" after you re-install them. Under the "Force & Chrysler FAQ and other great information" sticky (first item at the top of the Forum) you'll find a "Synchronizing Carbs and timing on a 75-150 Chrysler or early Force" topic.