1993 Excel 20SX

thejetman

Seaman
First off, my name is James. New user here! Just picked up a "gently used" Wellcraft Excel this weekend. Its in the same shape that 92excel's boat WAS in. Took it to the lake yesterday and gave her a shake down ride. Every thing is kosher......except the wood. Its 75-80% gone at this point. We have 1 maybe 2 summers left in it before we have to rebuild it. I am a aircraft mechanic by trade and basically took on this task by accident! Just wanted to give a shout, introduce myself, and hopefully find out some info on my boat. Thanks! James.

goboating

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1993 Excel 20SX

:):):)Welcome!!!!!! Glad to hear from a new member. Just off the top let me get one thing off my chest...the more pictures we see the happier we are....there I said it, got it out of the way, we can now post like theres no tommorrow. One thing to do in your spare time is to look up Friscoboater and his SeaRay. He's up to 50 pages now and he explaines things very well. What his descriptions might lack(I haven't found any)his videos make up for!!!! When it comes to transoms, stringers and 'glass work the videos make the grade. You will hear from alot of members about how time consuming some of this is, there isn't any way around this, thats just the way it is. Also, the seventh inning stretch of boat restoring hits everyone sooner or later. When that happens the only solution is...BEER! On a serious note, whatever your problem is there is a member who has delt with it. We will give you all the help we can.Welcome to iboats!