Cruising along and then BANG!

magster65

Commander
I was out for the one of my first trips yesterday. It was a warm, perfectly calm, sunny afternoon. The speedo was right at 30 mph... the music was on... the sun beaming on my neck and shoulders... I guess I was daydreaming a bit too. Then it happened... BANG! I could feel it in my seat! Then another bang as I quickly pulled back the throttles. At first I thought I hit something so I looked behind me and there was nothing in my wake. The engines were still running so I quickly hit the hatch button and waited as the hatch slowly opened... then I saw it... my fridge door had swung open and hit my seat!! LOL
I laughed all the way home!! :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Cruising along and then BANG!

Don't you love it when a major problem turns out to be nothing at all! Next time out, secure the fridge door... you could lose cold beverages that way! :D

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Holy crap! Thats one of those feelings that just makes you cringe

QC

Supreme Mariner

Those are nice surprises. Cool. Have a great season!!!

sasto

Captain

First thing....I would have to change my pants......Glad all was well, magster. :) Nice boat!

I has a boss pull the trigger on a 12ga. onetime in the middle of the Atlantic. Jumped a foot out of my helm chair only to turn around and find a smile on his face. Glad I don't work for that guy anymore. :facepalm:

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Almost the same thing happened to me yesterday. Only my bang was followed by a sudden stop where I was blown out of the channel into 3' of water. Problem is, I draw 4'.
TowBoatU.S. had to be called. My own stupid fault.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Don't you love it when a major problem turns out to be nothing at all! Next time out, secure the fridge door... you could lose cold beverages that way! :D

"Careful man! There's a beverage here!" -Lebowski

magster65

Commander

Luckily the fridge has a lip on the shelves that stopped the beverages from rolling out. They woulda' hit the deck and rolled out the transom door, onto the swim platform and in. I woulda' been soaked!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Now that's one of those problems you can live with !!!!