Waxing...... Details.....

Jake007

Seaman
OK. I have a 1998 boat and only wax her once per year (at best) in Florida.... So now my boat is like brand new under the area covered by the tarp but complete oxidation below the tarp line. So here is my question: I need specific instructions as to what works to clean off the oxidation.

I have a Porter Cable DA tool. When I try to cleanup the sides the pad seems to foul quickly. (should I clean it in the hose every 8 ' of working?)

If you have success with this please post the setup by step detailed instrucinos. I cleaned the boat. Apply 3M compount /Wax using setting #3 then turn up to setting #5. Is the speed correct? how much liquid compount should I use? What speed setting? Should I press real har or let the machine do the work.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Waxing...... Details.....

Many people use a full blow automotive polisher......... BUT one slip and you can burn right through the finish.

If compounds do not work...... you might have to resort to an entirely time consuming tedious process of wet sanding :(

Most of the DA polisher's lack the power to do a boat.

There are hundreds of threads on removing oxidation here....... search for oxidation and hang on!! ;)