1981 Silverline Catalina

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello folks,
My girlfriend recently bought a 1981 Silverline Catalina 16' Tri-Hull with a 1980 Mercury 115 inline 6 cylinder. Boat appears to be pretty much original and has a canvas top on it thats getting pretty ragged out. Is there any place to get a top for this boat? Looks like the original top went around the entire boat and enclosed you from the elements. Pieces are missing and some are just too far gone to use anymore. It would be great to have a new top for this boat. Condition is excellent and hardly a scratch on the bottom and paint on the sides is also real nice.

I never heard of SilverLine boats before and it appears to be a well made boat. The steering is the best of any boat I have been in. Not too bad for a 16' in the room department. Still has the bow cover on it thats in pretty good shape and snaps on all the way around. Floor/Deck is soild with no soft spots, seats have no tears. Apparently this boat was in storage and not used much and then the guy we bought it from used it for 3 years and he took good care of it.

He upgraded to a larger V-Hull so him and his buddies have more room to fish. This also sits on a tilt trailer which I have never had the pleasure of using one of these before. I guess it is helpful in unloading your boat since it tilts back? Or maybe loading is easier I don't know. Haven't got it out in the water yet. Just changed the gear oil and checking everything over and cleaning it up but soon we will be in the water. Anyway any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

SilverLine.jpg
[/IMG]

southkogs

Staff member
Re: 1981 Silverline Catalina

Here in Middle Tennessee there are three upholstery shops that I know advertise specifically to boat owners - I would think they might be able to do the tops too. Anything like that in your area?

poucecoupe

Cadet
Re: 1981 Silverline Catalina

if you have your old top you can use it for a pattern , we have a 68 silverline and i used the top as a pattern it works good and looks good.