Tahoe wakeboard tower and bimini....

dalefan264

Recruit
Hello guys I am about to purchase a 2008 Q5i with the factory installed wakeboard tower but it does not have a bimini top installed. My question is will the regular bimini fit under the tower or do I have to get the one that is attached to the tower. Also what if I put speakers on the tower, would it fit under that as well. I would like to get the bimini that is attached to the boat in case I decide to take the tower off sometimes so I will still have a cover but just not sure if it will fit.

TahoeQ4pilot posted a pic of his boat in another thread that has a setup like this but the cover was not all the way open so I can't tell if it clears.

Thanks in advance

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tahoe wakeboard tower and bimini....

Here is my Q5. The bimini is attached to the tower. If I had one that went under it, I am not sure there would not be enough room to stand and move around. The photo is before the speakers and wakeboard racks were put on. I removed the speakers for now, but it would sure not have given enough room for a top to go under the tower. My tower is more at an angle than some others I have seen though, so it may just be on mine. Both top and tower are from Tahoe. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• boat photo.jpg
    boat photo.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0

mschmidt33

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does the Tahoe tower collapse fairly easy? Can you take another picture with it down?

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have heard that they do. I have not folded mine down ever. I have a big building that I keep it in and it fits with the tower up. It does not appear that it would be difficult, there are a few bolts that you would loosen up and it folds back.

dalefan264

Recruit

I have not actually seen the Tahoe tower when it is down, but the seller says that you just take out the front two bolts and loosen the back two and it just rotates back. Like I said, I have not actually seen it, but just by looking it seems as if it may work that way.

sswt

Cadet

@kailec00.....looks like your windows are tinted?

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sswt, I think it looks that way due to the bimini throwing a shadow. They are not tinted. It does make the window look pretty sweet though. The little bimini really does provide a lot of shade. We usually don?t have it up though, only a couple of hours the entire day.