Two Outboards---Value

piperdriver

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have done a forum search and found very little. I have two O/B's. I will be offering for sale. I have called local shops and exhausted every effort to find out a range of value.
The first is a Johnson CD-14. 1957. My Dad bought it new. It has been with us ever since. Runs well, and maintained well. I do have the original pressure tank with it, that is in great shape. What is a range of value from non-running parts motor to high retail? Second motor is an Evinrude 3702s. That one has been with us a long time. We have not had it since new. This one runs well also. I also have the carry case with the Evinrude. I would also like to get an idea of value range on this one. If it is against forum rules to put actual dollar figures on the forum, please feel free to send a private message. I have seen similar Evinrudes on EBAY. They are asking $500-550. That is asking price, I have no idea what it is actually selling for. Can someone Please give some guidance.
Thanks, Steve

piperdriver

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Two Outboards---Value

Is this subject tabo on the forum? I did talk with the guy that has the motor on EBAY. He told me that he say the Evinrude go for $4200 in South Florida. Sounds like fiction to me, but who knows---

Whoopbass

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Two Outboards---Value

Parts motors are worth around $50. A decent running small vintage motor is worth $200-$300. The guy that quoted you $4200 must have hit his head on something very hard.
Go to advanced search on ebay and then type in what your looking for and then check the "completed auctions" box and it will bring up what has been sold in the last month or so.