evinrude ficht idling problems

bamafish

Recruit
I have a 2002 225 hp evinrude ficht. It will not idle . I can crank it by pushing hotfoot half throttle,cranks and runs fine but when i let off gas to put in gear it goes dead. I have put 2 sets of plugs and indexed. My mech found oil leak and fixed under flywheel. I have tryed a known good throttle pos. sen. . My mech thought it must be the emm. I sent it to dfi technologies. They tested it and said it was fine. I have a beautiful 2003 ranger 520vx with a 225 that I have not been able to use since the first of march. Going mad !!! can anyone help please

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: evinrude ficht idling problems

Have you checked the electrical system out? Make sure all wire connections are tight and clean including the battery terminals?

bamafish

Recruit

I did check and clean with contact cleaner all electrical connections that I could see.

hidef

Lieutenant

I am wondering if she is putting out enough juice to keep herself running at lower speeds. Have you tested the stator and voltage regulators to make sure they are okay?

AKBASSKING

Cadet

I had the same issue with my 250, ended up being spark plugs. They are only good for about 75-100 at most. The plugs have to be indexed too.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

If you haven't used the diagnostic software, now's a good time. Not using that tool just wastes a lot of time and money. An OEM shop manual would be helpful as well.