Hope all you southern guys are okay

5150abf

Vice Admiral
I hope all our southern friends have made it through this latest round of storms okay, it has been a terrible week for weather.

Just letting you guys know we are thinking of you and you are in our prayers.

Let us know how you are doing..

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hope all you southern guys are okay

We had a pretty bad tornado here in middle GA. Its path came about 2 miles from our house but we didn't sustain any damage. But, where it hit is horrible! It took 2 lives, destroyed several homes and businesses. Praying for all others impacted by the storms.

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

:)The folks in ark were hit kinda hard also, but it seems to be over for now. We needed the rain, but not the storms, our lakes are way down.They are calling for more rain sunday, but not storms like we have been having. I belive miss- ala- and tenn got the worst of it, i just hope its over for this season, i'm redy to go fishing :)

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yea we faired ok during the weather. Ton of rain. Vilonia got hit by a tornado.. ripped the asphalt right off the road... F4-F5 they said. I-40E and I-40W, for a strip of about 14 miles is shut down due to flooding... the detour takes 4-6 hours. I would suggest anyone headin to Memphis in the AR area to find a different route

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

We got by with little to nothing, but my son lives in Tusculoosa, and you only need to watch the news to see that one. Luckly his house missed the blunt of the tornado, but several of his friends lost everything....It's bad down there. He's in the national guard (back from Afghanistan in December) His unit got activated to help with looting and search / rescue.

Thanks so much for asking.....kinda close to home for me....