Head count for everyone down in the tornado/storm area.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Hows everyone doing???

post in and let us know your OK.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Head count for everyone down in the tornado/storm area.

I'm okay. All the foul weather hit east of me except one supercell that hit the fires to the west. :) I didn't even get any rain. :(

My nursery pond (50 hybrid bluegill and 50 FL strain largemouths plus a gazillion fathead minnows) has gone dry. Lost them all. :(

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Had posted in the Alabama thread. No damage, family's all good :)

<<)))(((>>

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Had posted in the Alabama thread. No damage, family's all good :)

<<)))(((>>

Glad to hear you and the families OK :)

But I am thinking this encompassed more than Alabama, that was one big storm and it looks like the eastern seaboard as well as the northern US states and Ontario Quebec are taken it on the chin right now!!

Hang on guys!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

We survived on the northern edge. Cape Girardeau, Mo 50 miles away had a tornado sighting, we had a warning with sirens blaring but just wind and a lot of rain. Now we're dealing with the Mississippi and Ohio rivers WAY above flood stage. A lot of river communities that are now being flooded we're hit with tornados a week ago. :(

puddle jumper

Captain

I finally saw it on the news and wow that was a bad one. Thinking of you all.

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Had tornados all around us the other night hit the little town where I grew up, only 1 injury. Now Sunny sky's and back to the flooding problem.

i386

Captain

Quite a few homes lost here due to tornados. No fatalities though. Lots of friends, neighbors, churches, etc... organizing to help clean up the mess. I'm in the process of cleaning up the mess from the last storm. I had to have 8 trees taken down. We elected to cut them up and split them ourselves. I thought I had it rough. Times like this put things into perspective.

Several stories here: http://www.lagrangenews.com/

Fed up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some how our town got missed completely, the place where I grew up to torn to shreds, a town to our north got wiped off of the map.
Here is a youtube video that I shot today while coming from a buddies house helping with the clean up.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sprucehavok#p/a/u/0/3RXLfwI6a6E
I shot the video while driving (of course) from my Black Berry it is a little rough. At one point I pass the high school. or what was left of it.

here is a link of a report of the town to the north of us.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...FZ20110429?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

And Tuscaloosa (which is all over the news) is about an hour east of us.

We all have allot of work ahead of us, so if you are near these areas and have some extra time give someone a hand. We were clearing a drive way of someone (dont know who they are) and another gentleman stopped and asked if we needed help. No one knows who he is or where he was from but he stayed for about an hour helping to clear the limbs that we were cutting.

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer

F4 jumped straight over my home...only damage is no power, according to Lovely Wife. Missed in-laws by 300ft, missed grandparents by 500ft. 190+mph sustained winds, 1/2 - 3/4 mile wide, on ground for 35 miles. Pics from home show devastation. Lovely Wife has spent the last two days volunteering on cleanup duty, and taking all of the food from our two fridges and three freezers and cooking it to donate to those that need it before it goes bad. Sis-in-law is a nurse, and was at in-laws house as it went past...she saw/heard the houses exploding across and down the street. Went out as storm went by to render aid. Lots of carnage. Biggest problem now is *$^&#%^ looters! Can you believe people coming to the homes of those that have been so devastated, and stealing what they have left?!? May they rot in hell!

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All we got was a lot of rain and a light show and no electric for about 5 hours,the warning sirens did go off for a while,everyone is all right