Looking for a 1976 Lund President picture

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well since this is my first post I will say I am not new to boating, I grew up in my fathers marine shop, and have and worked on my own share of boats. However this past weekend my uncle told me to come and pick up a 1976 Lund President as he uses his Pro V and has no use for this boat. I have not seen this Lund and both my father and uncle say it is in great shape for a glass boat, but I am drawing a blank on what it would have looked like.

Problem is I can't go get it for a couple of weeks and I have been hunting for pictures of what this boat looks like, my wife is questioning why i would want a boat so old. So I would like to be able to show her something that looks like it possibly before I bring it home and it takes up her spot in the garage. I have no other info other than the year, it's fiberglass and it is a President with an inline 6 in it.

Any help with any picture would be great.

Thanks,

daveshady

Seaman
Re: Looking for a 1976 Lund President picture

Contact Lund on their website they will have normaly the sales page from
the boat with pics and specs. They got mine back to me for my 1978
aluminum boat the next day.

Check out this link I think this may be the critter....

http://vehiclesearchers.com/detail/Salvage-LUND-BOAT-WTRL-1976_15119007967610498622.html

I noticed that there is also 2 versions of this boat listed on IBoats info area

1976 Lund Boats President BR
1976 Lund Boats President Deck

This inboard/outboard runabout is 19.13 feet long and weighs 2230 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 88 inches

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks,

I seen that site and that boat on my quest to find a picture of this Lund. So now I have decided to go down this weekend "if all works out" and check it out. I know the tires may need replaceing on the trailer so I would like to get a list of all I need before I pull the diesel out and make a voyage only to find I have to come back empty handed cause of a trailer issue.

Then I can get a few pictures of it posted here, that way incase anyone else that maybe looking for the same pic can get an idea.

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is what I found out today, on this. My father and I went to go check it out today, and we found out it is a 1976 President II with a V-8 pushing it along. The boat is actually in great shape, along with the fact my pops remebering selling this boat as well as workig on it. He told me the orginal owner took really care of what he owned and he owned the boat for over 20 years.
So over all it is not bad, does need new cables for the sterring and a ram rebuild kit for the lower unit. I will be honered to work once again with my dad on this project. I wanted pictures as I seen it, and when I get home this week I will get better ones, but for now I am pretty happy that this was given to me.

151.jpg

185.jpg

181.jpg

165.jpg

158.jpg

155.jpg

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I came home and showed the wife, her response, "what year is that? looks newer". So that was a good sign, although we will see how much she is into cleaning and do some gurnt work.......lol. Well OK she can bring me a beer from time to time I will be happy.

183.jpg

daveshady

Seaman

looks like a GREAT START For sure! love the horns on the front