how do you switch the control handle from left to right on a Yamaha 703 control?

camel

Recruit
How do you switch the contol handle from left to right on a 2010 Yamaha 703 contol side mount? Do you have to open the box and switch the parts or just pull the handle out and switch to the right side? If so how do you disconnect the handle?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: how do you switch the control handle from left to right on a Yamaha 703 control?

How do you switch the contol handle from left to right on a 2010 Yamaha 703 contol side mount? Do you have to open the box and switch the parts or just pull the handle out and switch to the right side? If so how do you disconnect the handle?

Ayuh,... Got a picture,..??

I imagine it'll need to be taken apart...

V153

Lieutenant Commander
Re: how do you switch the control handle from left to right on a Yamaha 703 control?

Not sure about Yamaha but the OMCs can be swapped side to side without taking the control box apart. There's a bolt in the center of the lever shaft from the back side. Loosen the bolt a few turns then tap on it to free up the lever. Remove the bolt & lever.

Important! You will have to swap the lil neutral lock out cam thingy over to the other side as well. But the mounting holes should be there. Then just line up the lever & tighten the bolt & yer good to go.

Ya a pic would be nice. Good luck!

camel

Recruit

Thanks guys for your quick reply, I unscrewed that bolt but the handle wouldn't come out, so maybe I should just loosen and then tap on it. I will try that....thanks