1978 Evinrude 235hp Outboard Fuel Line Schematic

DCaniel

Recruit
Can anyone please direct me to a diagram or schematic of the fuel line configuartion for a 1978 Evinrude 235 outboard? I removed the system a few months ago to replace the lines and work on the carburetors and believe I may have re-connected them improperly when I recently reassembled the parts. At the time of removal, I drew the setup on a piece of paper, however those notes have since become wet and illegible. I have completed multiple searches on the web in search of a diagram or photo, but have had no success. I do have a shop manual, however the diagrams in the book only show where the lines connect to the fuel pumps, but not the entire system.

I have checked the forum in advance to ensure that no one has previously posted this particular question. Thank you in advance for any assistance that can be offered.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1978 Evinrude 235hp Outboard Fuel Line Schematic

You can view a factory parts diagram for the fuel system on the Bombardier website: epc.brp.com Once you locate the year and your model, look for the exploded parts diagram for the fuel system. It should give you all that you need. I eliminated the hose fittings at the cowling and ran my incoming 3/8" fuel hose direct to the hose barb on the upper fuel pump. That way you eliminate another fuel restriction point and a potential source of potential air/fuel leaks. Any original 1978 hoses (that may still be under the cowling) were not made to handle today's ethanol blend fuels.