Need to replace manual release valve

cliles24

Recruit
hi i have a 1989 115hp suzuki. i need to replace the manual release valve on my hydraulic t/t motor. i was told by a suzuki mechanic that because i am able to just lift the motor up and the valve is completely closed that it must be bad and needs to be replaced. so he ordered the part for me but the guy wont install it for me b/c he said it would be a liability if the part failed and the motor just dropped lets say. he said he usually replaces the entire valve body and thats a $1,000 part. now my question is i got the manual release valve but it came with 3 little washers (1 is a solid washer.. no hole) that are not show in the parts listing diagram. http://store.brownspoint.com/dt115/fig038-1158601.asp part #5. im guessing these go in before i screw the valve in??? also how do i get them in if the hydraulic fluid is going to be leakin out.??? PLEASE HELP MY SUZUKI DEALER WONT

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need to replace manual release valve

Did you ever get a answer to this. I have the same issue not sure the order it goes in. Thanks.

smythcounty

Recruit

The order which they go is the washer with gasket, solid disc and washer with gasket and then the valve. I put the ones with the holes onto a small screw driver inserted it and used a small Allen wrench to push it off the screw driver in to place. I used the allen wrench to maneuver the silver disc in to place.

Hope this helps.

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer

I used washer, solid disc, washer then valve and it works fine. I used a little grease to hold the washers on the valve and got it in. Thanks for the post.