SabreCraft restoration thread.

smalldog

Cadet
Hello,
I have started a restoration project on a 22' SabreCraft. There was a thread started on an identicle boat some time ago and I am just about at the place where that gentleman stopped posting. I will start posting pics with explainations of what I am doing shortly.
I am at the tearing stuff out stage which I am good at..lol When I get to the putting stuff back in stage, well...I'll be very appreciative for any help I can get.
My name is Dan....I post here as smalldog. Pleased to meet you all. :)

findango

Cadet
Re: SabreCraft restoration thread.

Good afternoon smalldog

I too have been restoring a 1965 22' Sabre craft... Mine was a Craigslist deal...$300... so you can imagine what I started with.. I'm just getting the interior done, and will be installing the motor/outdrive soon..

I'd love to share pic's back and forth..maybe we can feed on each others ideas..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iBoats to the both of you. My signature line has a link for how to post pics. Looking forward to seeing both of your projects.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to the Dry Dock, smalldog and findango

Let's see what ya got there smalldog and we'll get you headed in the right direction. This is the largest dry dock in the world...plenty of room for all. Pull up a chair and let the fun begin.

findango

Cadet

First attempt at posting pictures, so, forgive me if I goof it up...

These are pic's of my 1965, 22' Sabre Craft the day I bought it....

PA150039.JPG3k13m23pb5O35Z15X2a5b06491bfcc6071ff5.jpg
Since then, I have gutted it
PB050002.JPG

Got rid of the in-line six and re-built the motor compartment to install a mercruiser small block chev. I've installed a new 50 gal floor tank, and a pair of 20 gal saddle tanks.. I have rebuilt the dash, cuddy, sides.. made a fish box with macerator pump..Am currently in the process of painting the interior so I can start installing the wiring, guages, electronics, etc..

whoops, just tried to include more pic's but it won't let me.. Is there a limit as to how many I can post?

Attachments

• P7250042.jpg
    P7250042.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P8150013.JPG
    P8150013.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Limit is 6 pics per Post sooo.... not sure what happened.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

90 Gallons of fuel? Man where are you planning on going? That would be $325.00 to fill up around here.

RyanB

Cadet

Hello,
I have started a restoration project on a 22' SabreCraft. There was a thread started on an identicle boat some time ago and I am just about at the place where that gentleman stopped posting. I will start posting pics with explainations of what I am doing shortly.
I am at the tearing stuff out stage which I am good at..lol When I get to the putting stuff back in stage, well...I'll be very appreciative for any help I can get.
My name is Dan....I post here as smalldog. Pleased to meet you all. :)

Well... It's only been a 6 year hiatus... Oh my. how time flies. I got into Sand Rails/Quads and let my project sit. Getting back into this year. Cleaning out the foam now. Hope to have the floor refinished in the next month.