Busted the oil fitting on the transom...

AlexAdamo

Recruit
So i am aware that there are forums regarding the broken oil fitting while pulling the gimbal housing. so i went and bought the part that fits thru the transom into the reservoir house and the e clips, however, i saw on the schematic at the mercruiser dealer that there should be a quick disconnect adapter that connects to the end of the replacement fitting however i donot believe there is one on my boat.. is this possible? i have not gotten in close enough to really see howevere i do plan on getting a flex camera in there before i undergo the project but i was hoping someone would know if this would even make any sense? i can get my hand in there good enough to pull the thing apart, getting it back together is going to be a total ***** but i think with someone looking from the other side with the camera i should be able to pull it off....

is there anything else i should be concerned with while doing this? my plans are as follows...

either remove the quick disconnect if it does end up being there or just remove the e clips if its not and pulling the fitting thru the back of the transon, putting the new one thru (with the hose already on it as i was told it is hard to get the hose on with the fitting already in the tramson) then put the new e clips on (which ive heard is near impossible so i got extras) and then put the quick disconnect and hose back on....

anything else? (im new to this its my first boat!!)