94 SeaDoo SP no acceleration

Ingram84

Cadet
Hey guys,

I picked up this ski at a yard sale last september for 200 bucks. I only took it out once and when we did it started just fine and idled good but if you gave it gas it would only do about 10 mph. If you tried to floor it it would die. Almost like choke out. If you gave it gas slowly and hit a wave just right where it sat the nose down it would drive just fine. Proly 25 mph. I guess what im trying to say is it wouldnt plane out and go it would just keep fighting it. Does this sound like a carb issue or the wear ring? Im not new to boating but am absolutely new to jet ski's. And it doesn't have a trim function either.

Thanks for all your help.

carbineone

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 94 SeaDoo SP no acceleration

We have a 94 SP but cannot offer alot of help but it does sounds like you have a prop or wear ring problem..I suggest you go over to the Seadoo Forum They are a great bunch of guys and will help you out glady..They have been very helpful to us as we are new to jestkis also...Goodluck and hope you figure it out....That should do around 40 to 45 with a fairly light rider...

scooper77515

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 94 SeaDoo SP no acceleration

If wear ring, it will sound like it is peeling out. It will rev right up but just not catch and take off.

If it is losing power, it is more than likely carb related.

Wear ring will rev right up to 6500 - 7200 rpms, but just "spin" it's wheels. It will take a while for it to get "traction" and take off.