F225 Rigging Questions

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm rigging a 2005 Mercury Saltwater Series 225 four stroke (Mercaha) with Yamaha controls. Ignition, tilt/trim, tachometer, warning horn, and warning indicators are all working. I ordered a replacement cam/throttle arm to change my 703 control box from a push-to-open throttle configuration to a pull to open type.

Researching parts online, it looks like the F225 uses the same control box as the F80 that my control box came from so I decided against ordering an additional control box and instead ordered the cam/throttle arm to reverse cable actuation.

Here's my question: are F225s set up with a push-to-open or pull-to-open throttle configuration?

Also: I found a trim sending unit on this particular outboard but it has only two wires going to the connector and the trim indicator harness plug that I am looking at has three wires. The orange wire on the harness doesn't have a wire to connect with at the engine plug. Is there a different trim indicator and harness that I need to use for this motor? I'm going to try to find an solution in the wiring manual but I'm thinking I might get this to work by tying it into either an ignition or a reference voltage circuit........ any input?

Seems like my questions have been "dead-ending" here on iboats lately...... So I've got one more question: is it that I just keep entering uncharted waters or do you guys really not like me anymore? ( :

Re: F225 Rigging Questions

This is from 02 tech guide...as far as your trim sender? I know Mercs are brown/white tracer. So if you attach the orange to the brown/white it may work?

push.png