Zapcat and tohatsu 25hp engine height on transom

Commando C2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i have a z10 gemini, and a 25hp yr 2000 M25C tohatsu.

have just mounted the engine normally, outboard bracket sitting on transom.
lots of splash from the engine, looks very inefficient.

the water level is hitting the square section of the lower leg and the shifter gear rod.

I have read about getting the engines as high as possible and can see that my engine needs to be higher so the lip above the anti cav plate is on the water line, not sure what that is called on the engine leg but it looks a smaller anti cav type plate.

The boat seems to take a while to plane and is highly sensitive to weight in the boat. I will mostly be running with 3 people in it so need to adjust for this setup.

On the back of the boat in the aluminim transom is a curved cut out that is shaped the same as the lip above the anit cav plate. Should these 2 be lined up?

what other marks can i use? when planing the deck of the boat isnt very high above the water line unlike the videos i have seen of the racing zapcats where you can jut see the outboard leg only beneath the boat and no part of the deck touching the water

I did some turns and the prop seemed to cavitate a bit so raising the motor will surely only make cavitation worse???
i am running a standard prop so not wanting it to come out of the water like the semi cleavers.
transom z10.jpg
any help on engine height will be appreciated!
pics too ideal.

the transom curve that i mentioned is pictured here where my 2 securing straps cross over in the middle of the transom.

thanks