will this work?

Will an ignition module from a 92-93 mercruiser 4.3 lx work for a 95 merc 4.3lx? there is different part numbers but I might have the chance to get one cheep

This is the ignition module for my boat- 085361t1
This is the ignition module for the 90-93-15247T01

Bondo

Staff member
Re: will this work?

Ayuh,... If the part #s are different, chances are the module is also different...

Donno what the differences are though...

he said its a 14 degree advance module for a 4.3 v6 which is the same advance as mine they look identical if it would work for my boat i could save a bunch of money but i wanted the experts here advice :)

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

:confused:

This is the guy trying to get you to buy it?

Just because it "looks" the same, doesn't mean that it IS the same. If you put a module on the engine that advances the timing too much, it could cause a detonation event that could destroy the engine.

Is that worth saving $50-100?

2 electronic devices can "look" the same and have VASTLY different characteristics.

Roll the dice......let us know how it turns out...............take pictures and include part numbers so someone with the same question can find the post in the future !

no I asked him if it would work could I buy it. they are both for 4.3 lx motors they both have the same timing curve and total advance.

yea thinking about it but afraid to spend the money untill I can figure out if it would work with my year