help help help needed suzuki df 50 2006

suzukidory

Cadet
hi im just getting my boat ready for the season and have a problem with fuel i have changed low pressure filter and have clean fuel on the outside pipe otf the mechanical fuel pump.
i have removed the spark plugs and have good spark but no fuel to cylinder so i removed injectors and isolated power supply to coils and turned over engine i have no fuel coming into the rail feeding the injectors from the high pressure pump i dont seam to have any power to the pump and also when i turn key on i get the 2 second test buzzer and then i get the engine light flashing and 2 beeps then 4 beeps 2 beeps then 4 beeps which indicates cam positioning sensor !!!!!!!!!!!!! but would this sensor being faulty stop power to the pump could it be as simple as that ????? if i put fuel in cylinder it starts perfectly till out of fuel !!!
the engine is 2006 and has been used for 15 hours from new look s like new never been apart or messed with just in need of some expert advice from fellow owners many thanks in advance

rob

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: help help help needed suzuki df 50 2006

Electric fuel pumps have a safety circuit that turns off the pump if the ECU detects an issue. To illustrate how this works, one of the inputs to this circuit is oil pressure. In the event of an engine stall for example, the problem might have been an injector sticking open flooding the engine with fuel. An attampt to restart the engine may result in a large explosion due to the build-up of fuel. Without the oil pressure cut off, the electric pump would continue to pump fuel on a resulting fire. I'm not sure about the your engine but it is certainly possible the sensor prevents the pump from running since improper engine timing could cause serious issues.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The beeps are code 2-4 CMP sensor. Check sensor, if ok, check wires to computer. Pump should power up and make pressure as key is turned on.

suzukidory

Cadet

the fuel pump definately does not run at all when ignition key is turned !!!
if it is a s simple as a sensor gone down so it stops the engine from running surely a faulty sensor would stop the engine by removing the power to the coils so no spark rather than stopping the fuel pump any idea how much a cmp sensor is???? thanks

clanton

Rear Admiral

The sensor tell the computer the engine is running, when the engine stops the fuel pump stops, except when turning the key on. Then the pump only runs for a few seconds to charge the system with fuel.

More later about the sensor.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Recheck the flashing light. insure the you are giving me the correct flashes.

2-4 is CMP sensor, camshaft sensor, controls ignition system.
4-2 is CKP sensor, crankshaft sensor. controls fuel injection.

I would check for loose timing belt, disconnect sensor harness look for dirty/loose connection.
Check battery connections, and voltage.
Manually activate fuel pump with jumper.
If Pumps runs, check voltage from ECM to pump, if no voltage replace ECM.

suzukidory

Cadet

hi thanks for your help
i have just inspected the 2-4 fault code camshaft sensor and like everything else on the engine it looks brand new
but after looking at the ckp sensor crank positioning sensor i noticed flakes of black paint on items atounfd the sensor under the flywheel on closer inspection after removing the ckp sensor i found that 1 fixing screw was totally loose and the switch sensor has pivotted round on one screw and made contact with the underside of the fly wheel removing some of the black paint from the underside of the teeth and also filing down half of the brass of the 8mm sensor so hopefully this is the cause or atleast i am making progress with your help