Verifying the correct water pump kit.

scipper77

Commander
My outdrive is Alpha I gen 1 Ser. no: 6937374

I am about to order a water pump kit from iboats and I want to verify I am getting the right one. Returns are such a pain when shopping online.

iboats lists this kit
Water Pump Kit - Sierra

and this kit
Mallory Water Pump Kit 9-48307

Are these the correct kits for me to change out my impeller?

Why would I want one over the other?

Are these kits more than I need? At the price listed I'm not really worried about saving money, I just want to get the right kit and support our forums by buying through the iboats store.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Verifying the correct water pump kit.

My suggestion would be using the OEM kit, if not, use the Sierra. But forget anything Mallory. Cheapest of the cheap junk.

scipper77

Commander

My suggestion would be using the OEM kit, if not, use the Sierra. But forget anything Mallory. Cheapest of the cheap junk.

Does iboats sell the oem kit?

The ones I linked were the only ones I saw. I want to order this tonight or tomorrow so I can get my boat ready for the season within the next week or two.

scipper77

Commander

Thanks Don, looks like my path forward is obvious here.

scipper77

Commander

Got my water pump kit today. I ordered it on the 22'nd and got it today on the 25'th. That was using the cheapest shipping option available. If I would have sprung for the 3 day shipping I probably wouldn't have gotten it any quicker.

So now that I am a paying iboats customer you mods are going to have to turn the other cheek when I step out of line... you work for me know, I pay your salary bwahaha!!! Play nice and I'll double your pay