How can I attach 2 gas tanks to one motor?

dan4081

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have looked on line but couldnt find anything.
I have 2 6.5 gallon tanks on my bayliner. When one runs out I switch to the second tank.
Is there any way to have both tanks 'jumpered'?
Or would I have to use an in-line valve of some kind to manually make the switch instead of unplugging one then plugging in the other?

BTW, I tried to fit a 12 gal tank under the back deck in place of the 2 tanks but cant find one that fits.

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How can I attach 2 gas tanks to one motor?

If you run 2 seperate tanks you'll need 2 inline shut off valves. Install on each fuel line that way you're not sucking air on the empty tank.

SweeperForce

Chief Petty Officer

I have the same exact Fuel selector. Works like a charm. When you turn the handle it isolates that tank. I'm still new at this but I don't think you need two in-line shut off valves as long as you didn't run the tank dry.

Tom

dan4081

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys, looks like thats what I will do.

GoldLS1

Seaman

If you run 2 seperate tanks you'll need 2 inline shut off valves. Install on each fuel line that way you're not sucking air on the empty tank.

You can run the inline 2way valves but u need 2 one for each tank for the reason stated above.

I have the same exact Fuel selector. Works like a charm. When you turn the handle it isolates that tank. I'm still new at this but I don't think you need two in-line shut off valves as long as you didn't run the tank dry.

Tom

You need 1 three way or 2 two ways... Both will isolate the dual tanks to only one tank. Both are not needed on the same setup.