Engine Alignment Tool

fgardinier

Cadet
The dimensions for the Alignment tool in the how to's do not appear like they will work in my 5.8L OMC out of an 1991 Chris Craft 228 Cuddy Cruiser. Attached are the dimensions I took off the shaft from my drive unit. Are there differences and should the measurements from this sticky be useable. I plan on making a both shafts on different ends of a bar. At least thats the plan. Any information on the accuracy of the skicky would be appreciated.
I am not able to upload the PDF drawing. So here are the differences in mine VS the sticky.
My splines measure only 1.118" diameter then 4 3/4" from the end it starts to taper to 1.375" diameter at 7.5" from the end and maintains that 1.375" diameter for another 2 3/8". Then of course it does not matter for the rest of the tool because it is just the handle. The sticky spline diameter is 1.150" this seems to tight for my shaft. The next part of the tool I do not think really matters, because it is just coupling to the gimbal bearing.

fred

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Engine Alignment Tool

The dimensions for the Alignment tool in the how to's do not appear like they will work in my 5.8L OMC out of an 1991 Chris Craft 228 Cuddy Cruiser

Trust me, the drawing is right, and it has worked for many, many people for a whole bunch of years now.

fgardinier

Cadet
Re: Engine Alignment Tool

Thanks for the reply. I will buy the tool and be done with it.

fred