pedestal mount bolts?

capt scott

Cadet
i am mounting two pedestal mount boat seats to a wood floor and was wondering what the best type of bolts to use to support the seats for two big guys? i don't have access to underneath the floor so everything has to be done from above. any web sites that sell these bolts? and any personal experience with reccommended bolts. thanks guys Capt.Scott

Re: pedestal mount bolts?

Scott,

I used these Toggler toggle bolts

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...001&storeId=11151&partNumber=543785&langId=-1

P1020417.jpg

Here is how they work:

Drill a 1/2" hole. Insert the toogle bolt and while appling upward pressure slide down the retaining collar to the surface. It is sort of like a zip tie in that it keeps the toggle portion firmly in place under the deck.

P1020418.jpg

Then you simply snap off the remaining piece leaving just the collar holding the toggle plate. Very neat and easy.

P1020419.jpg

P1020415.jpg

You can then fill these holes with sealant right before you insert the screws so that everything is protected from water.

Simple and strong. They sell a non-stainless version of this in Home Desprate and such.

These go under the deck and use a 1/4"-20 SS machine screw or bolt from the top.

Dolfan0925

Seaman

Hrm. Never thought of those. They're sold in Home Depot type stores as drywall anchors. Used the same things to mount my tv on the wall.

Sorry Bob,

I used the WM site as a descriptor example and didn't intend for the poster to purchase from them. Sorry about that.

capt scott

Cadet

hey thanks Greg! the pics help out alot! always wondered how those work. Man those are not cheap are they? thanks again capt.scott

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I've used them on a seat base, although it was for a leaning post style with 4 legs. They seemed to be extremely strong. Your can feel the bolt bite in as it's tightening down. Never had a problem.