2011 Veranda Pontoon Boat-rear facing lounge seats

ghedg

Recruit
Can anyone answer the following:

1. Does the all aluminum construction create any additional noise than the standard marine plywood construction?
2. Should there be a concern about the welds breaking loose since there are no bolts?
3. The rear railing is very low for unobstructed views. Should this be a safety concern, ie someone falling over the transom.

Thanks for your input

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: 2011 Veranda Pontoon Boat-rear facing lounge seats

1. No
2. The weld joints might be compromised by excessive force (people pulling on them, etc.), but otherwise, no.
3. No. Anyone who might fall over the motor pod shouldn't be riding back there to begin with (young child, drunk adult, mother in law; hmmmmmmm:p, etc.).
4. This and any similar threads belong in Pontoons. You'll get better answers there. You can ask a mod to move this one if you're so inclined.
5. Welcome aboard.:cool:

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

1. Theoretically, yes. But I've owned both and the extra noise transmitted by an aluminum deck was practically unmeasureable.
2. No.
3. Some people could fall over a 6 foot rail. LOL. In reality, it is the captain's responsibility to explain and monitor all safety items for his/her passengers. Young kids should be wearing life jackets. A pontoon boat is a great place to party and consume a few adult beverages but is not a place for drunks. (Last year, two of my friends who were intoxicated on one of their pontoon boats decided to stop for a swim. The decision cost them their lives.)

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard ghedg.
1. no, I own an aluminum decked boat, and notice no noise that can be attributed to that type of deck,
2. only if it was a poorly done weld in the 1st place.
3. a concern that should be monitored by the captain and sober passengers.

Glenn

I wish I had seen the rear facing lounges before I bought mine, I would have snapped one of those up.