Need Suggestions

cobra1476

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looking to replace my 18' bowrider with another that is faster. Looking at baja and checkmate. I really like the Mariah shabah but I can't seem to find much of them for sale.

I am open to 18-21' bowrider and must have a V8. Nothing new since I have a limited budget.

Thanks for all suggestions!

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Need Suggestions

Nothing new since I have a limited budget.
i'm on a limited budget too. like i couldn't afford a different boat right now if i wanted to. however the one i have is paid for, not the fastest or the coolest (but pretty cool). but it's mine and my limited budget (and iboats friends tech support) keeps it on the water at this point. maybe yer in the same boat.. ;) be happy with what ya got. many folks can't afford to eat right now let alone waste money on a boat... we're the lucky ones.. we got a boat..

fwiw. scan your local craigs list assuming ya got time. looking for a specific boat is sure gonna be hit and miss i'd think though. patience will likely be a virtue..

robert graham

Admiral

Looking to replace my 18' bowrider with another that is faster. Looking at baja and checkmate. I really like the Mariah shabah but I can't seem to find much of them for sale.

I am open to 18-21' bowrider and must have a V8. Nothing new since I have a limited budget.

Thanks for all suggestions!
I had a Checkmate for a few years and really loved it, deep V, great ride, about 60MPH. There's plenty of affordable, used Checkmates for sale, just go on-line for Checkmate Boats For Sale!

cobra1476

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking to spend 10k.

I have looked at a ton of checkmates but most of the ones I have looked at are outboards. The wife really likes having a sunpad/ swim platform without a motor sticking out.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well you'll just have to hit up craigslist and see what pops up. If you're willing to drive further to find your dream boat, you can also check out ebay and site mash.

TestEngr

Seaman Apprentice

I use a search web site called www.claz.org. It searches multiple classified web sites, so you don't have to go to each individual site to search for a used boat. Just type in "checkmate" and your zip code and hit the search button. Then you can widen out the search area up to 250 miles from your zip code.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wish I could help you, but my procraft only has a V-6 (and only hits 65 mph) ;)

Seriously, if speed is you main criteria, there are other options out there as well. You need to list out the other things that are important to you, then start scouring want ads (boat trader, craigs list, ebay, etc) and see what you can find.