Anyone know where I can pick up an owners manual for a '76 Checkmate Trimate II BR?

tajoseph20

Recruit
New to the forum and must say looking back through the history...it is quite informative. Just purchased a restored Trimate II w/ a 135 Evinrude (upgraded to 150) and can't wait to get it on the water. Never owned a boat before and have limited knowledge. Will use solely for skiing and tubing with the family on lakes such as Cumberland and Norris (KY & TN). Really need an owners manual if one still exists. Have not contacted Checkmate in Bucyrus, which will be my next option. Did these boats come with OM originally. Also...any tips or advice pertaining to the operation and care of this boat is greatly appreciated.

Happy Boating....bring on the dog days of summer!

tr918

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anyone know where I can pick up an owners manual for a '76 Checkmate Trimate II B

This is a very late reply (sorry I don't check this forum often)..... but wanted to post in case others are looking for the same type of information. Go to Checkmate Power boats website (google search will find immediately) click on their contact page and call them. They have archive information for almost all of their older models and are always willing to help owners of new and old boats.

H20wens

Seaman
Re: Anyone know where I can pick up an owners manual for a '76 Checkmate Trimate II B

Hey congrats on your purchase. I recently acquired the same model from the original owner with a 150 merc. It needs a complete restoration which I intend to begin this fall. He gave me every piece of literature that came with the boat when new. I can look through it again, but I don't recall anything specific from the boat mfg; mainly stuff from merc. Can you post some pic's of your boat? I'd like to see what it it supposed to look like as mine is in pieces.:facepalm: