cmc pt130 power tilt and trim question?

1976evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey I have my 1976 evinrude 85hp mounted on my boat via a pt130 cmc power tilt and trim unit and the problem i Have is the when tilted past 45 degrees the motor and steering components will hit the transom because of the 6inch setback. Would it be ok if I fabricate a stainless steel plate and bolt it to the power tilt and trim and then bolt my engine higher up on the cmc pt13o to be able to lift it all the way?

1976evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: cmc pt130 power tilt and trim question?

Also how much trim and tilt do you actually need? The cmc pt130 unit i bought is a older version and only goes up 655 degrees is this ok?

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: cmc pt130 power tilt and trim question?

Make sure you have it mounted in the highest position, mine has a bunch of different holes for mounting, I have the tt in the middle and the engine all the way up and my steering doesn't come close to hitting.

I would remount it rather than add a part to it the hole are east to patch and you know you won't have problems with it then.

It sounds like your engine is peobably to low anyways, you can actually run them a little higher than normal with the setback, my cavitation plate is @ 2'' above the bottom of the boat.