Discharged Water temperature Question

anple

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello Everyone,
I wonder why my 97 Force 120hp discharged water from the telltale and pee hole were never hot as it run on muff? I understand the t-stat would only be opened at 130F and the discharged water from the peehole should be around that temp? Is there anything wrong with the motor? Any advices will be greatly appreciated. - Anthony:confused::confused:

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: Discharged Water temperature Question

I used to wonder the same thing on my 1988 125HP motor. I used to feel the water coming out of the motor and it didn't seem very hot, or at least what I thought was 130?. NOTE: I use a livestock watering tank to drop my lower unit in to. As a test, I warmed the motor up for about 10 minutes, took an infrared thermometer gun and measured the water temp. coming out of the motor. It read 125?. I don't wonder any more. I think the most important thing to be sure of is that there should be water coming out, and not to worry so much on how hot or cold it is.

RRitt

Captain

the discharged water from my peehole was always 98.6 degrees no matter how long the engine ran.

(sorry, i just can't stop myself sometimes)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Stop Stop your killing us!! Sorry I just can't stop myself sometimes :)

Sorry Back to issues.The pee hole is just there to show that water is pumping.Weather it's hot or not as long as it's peeing.
The warmer water will come out below(I believe).The SMALL amount of water your hose delivers isin't like putting it in the lake.river or ocean.Profile???J