gelcoat resto?

taotao61

Cadet
hey all.
I could use some help on what products to use to restore the original shine on my 88 larson 175 hull

Any suggestions?

thanx in adv!

flat lin

Cadet
Re: gelcoat resto?

google "new glass 2" i got it a few years ago for a hydra sport i had. It takes a few coats but it works and cheap.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iBoats!

Ok, Here's what another iBoater says he did....

Went to an automotive paint supply:
3M -Foam polishing pads w/Velcro backing + mounting pad
3M Super Duty rubbing compound 1 Qt.
3M Finesse It Polishing compound 1 Qt.
order online Collinite Marine wax (ebay)
1 - variable speed grinder/polisher - Heavy Duty - Harbor Freight has em for $40.00
Wash boat real good using a solution of simply green + dish soap..rinse well...dry.
In a shady area apply compound to a 4x4 area with buffer..not too much pressure,let the machine do the work..slow speed. work around boat till all hull & topside are done.
Switch pads OFTEN or thoroughly clean existing,buff off all compound,again, let the machine do the work,work left to right up & down until you archive a good shine...black is a bit#h so stay off it until everything else is done....Ok so now its shiny and covered with compound dust..wash boat again, Repeat above steps with the Finesse It.....wash again....run a clean rag over entire boat making sure ALL compound & polish has been removed...If so then wax with 2 coats of Collinite...and i promise it will look brand new. You will hear alot about these Modern Marvels and Magic elixirs...NOT WORTH IT. The only way to achieve a deep..lasting shine is the above method, ALOT of work ,but worth it.post some before and after pics.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

3m imperial rubbing compound and a wool buff pad is all you need.

That Heavy duty compound and finesse will work..but they have improved on there compounds.

YD.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

You will hear alot about these Modern Marvels and Magic elixirs...NOT WORTH IT. The only way to achieve a deep..lasting shine is the above method,

another product to look into ishttp://www.vertglas.com/index.html
I have not tried it yet but will be trying it soon once I get everything else done inside.

Like I said before There are NO Magic Elixirs:cool: