Azure Vs. Sea Ray

Jazmine

Recruit
I am contemplating purchasing an Azure 258 Deck Boat or a Sea Ray 26' Deck Boat. I am totally new to boating. Both have the same I/O motor. Does anyone have any opinions of one vs. another? Your help and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Azure Vs. Sea Ray

Does anyone have any opinions
only opinion i have is that is a pretty large boat for a first boat. new i assume? ya might wanna get used so ya don't feel bad
when ya smash it into the dock or the likes.

take a boating safety class through the us power squadron or uscg aux. there's much to be learned...

welcome to iboats....

kentadel

Recruit

Sea Ray 270 Sundeck owner here. Great boat, smooth ride, with lots of storage.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

I would lean toward the Sea Ray too. Tons of 'em around here & I haven't heard too many complaints.

To be fair I'm not sure I've ever seen an Azure. Where are they built?

mcastles

Cadet

Hi

I have a 2007 Azure 220 which is a sport deck boat. I have had it for a year and really like it, but it is one of the original Azure's which was made by Bennington, who build high end pontoon boats. The Azure line was built very similar to the Crownline, but for much cheaper. However, they sold the Azure line to Seafox (I think that is correct) in 2010 and apparently the worry was the quality will suffer, but I am not sure how it turned out.

I do fine that my Azure is very well built and beautiful gel coat and amenities. I seldom go out that I don't get a compliment on the boat. The sport deck hull is very stable does well in rough water, but it is very heavy for the size, so it is not a boat for a small lake or shallow water.

As for the SeaRay vs Azure, clearly SeaRay has the name recognition, but objective quality assessment of the two boats, I couldn't say. I would also have to second what the other poster said regarding this size boat for a new boater. These boats are very heavy and will require you to really be prepared before you take either of these out on the water. Do you plan to tow or dock it? If towing, you will need at least a 3/4 ton truck.

Good luck but be careful and prepare

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

First of all don't let the guy with 50,000,000 posts scare you, the Sea Ray is a great boat and they hold their value really well. Taking a CG class is a good idea but not mandatory, find a friend who has boating experience and let them go with you and help.

There's nothing wrong with buying new, some people can't afford it so they buy used and there's nothing wrong with that also.