Impeller

Braydan Johnson

Recruit
I have a 75 hp chrysler and I need to know if it has more than one impeller? I took the foot apart and found one but ive been told that some of the bigger outboards may have more than one, does anyone know for sure, thanks.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Impeller

Profile???One. I have never seen any outboard with more than one.Not saying there isin't but just never saw or heard about any with two.J

Get a manual.Clymer/Seloc manuals are ok if you can't find the factory manual.

huskerdaninva

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, just one impellar in that lower unit. I'm with Jerry, I've never heard of an outboard with multiple impellars. Just an FYI, your 75hp outboard is more a "mid-size" and not a "bigger" outboard. If you don't have a repair manual (and you should!) there are several decent videos on youtube and a great step by step guide here on changing out an impellar. Good luck...

Braydan Johnson

Recruit

thanks the reason that i ask is a buddy of mine got a small boat similar to mine but with an off brand motor called a Hywatha and for some reason it has 2 impellers, thanks again

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

If it is an older engine, It could be a Scott-Atwater built engine. Some Scotts had an "autobail" system and they did have two impellers. if newer, it may be a knock-off of the Scott.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I don't have any and I have only seen complete Scott Atwater engines with the autobail at swap meets. It was there that I was told that these old Scotts had two impellers AND since there is not always water in the bilge to bail, they tend to burn up impellers. Supposed to be a real B*tch to change them too.