Prefab Stringers and Bulkheads?

I found a company that builds preformed stringers and bulkheads. The website is http://www.preforms.com/

This looks like a pretty slick system and might take some time and guesswork out of the process. But the question is would it be as strong or stronger then wood?

Has anyone ever used a product like this?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prefab Stringers and Bulkheads?

Is the foam itself as strong as wood...no...but the final construction will be as strong as you build it to be.

If you like the cost go for it.

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks interesting......also looks like it would be light weight but for your tank weight is probably not an issue as much as strength.....

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

This looks like a pretty slick system and might take some time and guesswork out of the process.

This is a mass product type of construction Sell for builders.. Not DIYers here in Iboats..

It has NO Value whatsoever in rebuilds AT ALL !

Unless they have the specific internal dimensions of the hull on any given boat ( which those would be a massive database and tooling which is impossible IMO ).

Iboat users will Never be able to call these guys up and have some kind of Preformed Solid stringer system unloaded at there doorstep ( some will have to be Off trucked ).

I would suggest Closing this thread as it seems to be more of an Advertisement than a helpful linky..

Just me though.. as Ond said..go for it if you like

When you have problems aligning your motor or deck up..dont come re-threading asking how to fix it.. ask them..

YD.

PS. sorry for the rant..but Geesh !!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yup been discussed here MANY times and all with the same result....... not as good as making your own from plywood.