Bow Sun Pad Advise (04 Intrigue)

seanva

Recruit
Good evening all. I have a 2004 Intrigue. I'm the original owner. After seven seasons, the sun pad has had it. Does not seem repairable (I have already done that once). A new one from Doral is about $1800. Any suggestions? I have look all over the internet but cannot seem to find one that is close to the tailored looks from Doral or something of similar quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TeamPCBeach

Seaman
Re: Bow Sun Pad Advise (04 Intrigue)

I would take it to a canvas shop. A good one should be able to duplicate your current pad. We have one that we had redo some of the seats on our old boat and they looked every bit as good as the factory ones for much less than replacement cost.

I had the same issue with my sun-pad, I wanted a new one but assumed the cost would be up there so opted to have a local canvas shop repair. He told me the pad was very difficult to work on and basically a piece of Art as the fit and finish of the original was very high end.
They fixed me up changing zippers and repairing some seams well enough but this still cost me 600.00 so you may want to consider the actual cost difference.

Doral-Canvas

Cadet

Hi Sean,
Curious - How did you make out with a new sun pad for your 2004 Doral Intrique?
Thanks, Rick Ostler

seanva

Recruit

Hi Rick. I have not made a decision yet. The sunpad was not 'mission critical' so I have focused my energy and $$$ on getting ready for the season. I'm still riding the fence on new OEM vs a rebuild. I will make a decison post memorial day.

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

seanva,

Which ever way you go, get a cover for it.
My cushions started to fade and the timber required some treatment after the cover was left off for a few weeks in the heat of summer.
(Trouble with paying people to look after your things is... They don't)
Even my saloon table cushion (the one that converts the smaller saloon table to a bed) is changing colour after years of storage in a waterproof locker at the marina, and it has never been used nor left in the sun.