Yippee I pulled the plow off

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
There are a few notable days annually here. I pulled and stored my 9' snowplow (it will need a new coat of paint this summer) and refilled the K2500's gas tank. I also emptied the 1 ton of sand out of the bed........ Seems like a whole new truck!

So this Summer the rest of the truck panels will get new metal welded on and a coat of paint to be ready for next winter.

Hmmmm I hope my MPG gets better since it averaged 6 MPG all winter. I should get at least 12 now :facepalm::rolleyes:

Next notable day to come is the proverbial first cut of the lawn which should be right around 14 May :(

Dam..... I love Vermont!! :p

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Yippee I pulled the plow off

went to sleep last night to a nice rain....woke up to two inches of fresh snow!!

Happy for you though Bob!!

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Mother Nature may thank you w a small blizzard, just for s and g, the humorous thing she is...

Bob_VT

Staff member

Well actually this time of the year ...... we still get the snow and surprise blizzard but.....it melts within 2-3 days. Even though I shed the snows on my vehicles ..... we can still deal with it since 2 of them are 4WD ;)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Funny you should mention it, Bob, I am thinking of stowing my snowblower today. Usually my date for that is after April 17 because I remember one 17" storm on that date a long time ago, but I think I'll tempt fate! Dang, wish it would warm up though!

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought about taking my driveway markers down last weekend, then chickened out. We usually get one deep, nasty, sloppy snowstorm in April, and I'll end up plowing up half of the lawn without them. Getting closer to nice weather though.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Funny you should mention it, Bob, I am thinking of stowing my snowblower today. Usually my date for that is after April 17 because I remember one 17" storm on that date a long time ago, but I think I'll tempt fate! Dang, wish it would warm up though!

I finished snow blowing the drive way piles/berms last week to let them melt faster, and I am now effectivly snow freeeeeeee :) in the yard except for the shaded areas and the back side of the shop roof.

(YUP, we got a skiff of snow last night but it is almost melted now.)

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Mother Nature may thank you w a small blizzard, just for s and g, the humorous thing she is...

Actually, there's one coming this weekend. Thru Dakota, MN and then us. Last I heard they're only talking 1-3" for us. More in Dakota I guess. So I suppose we'll get a foot!

My plow was tucked away about a week ago. If we get some snow, people will just have to deal with it for a day or two. I'm done plowing.....

dolluper

Captain

Not selling any of my snow blowers yet.....snow still coming in western Canada and blowing this way...maybe by the weekend...then no more PLEASE

j_martin

Admiral

Actually, there's one coming this weekend. Thru Dakota, MN and then us. Last I heard they're only talking 1-3" for us. More in Dakota I guess. So I suppose we'll get a foot!

My plow was tucked away about a week ago. If we get some snow, people will just have to deal with it for a day or two. I'm done plowing.....

It's all my fault. About a week ago I scattered my V6 merc down to the reeds all over the back casting deck. It then warmed up to mid 60's and 70's. Yesterday the parts came. Tonight it'll snow.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

No way no how, I ain't pulling mine off till June!

:)

sublauxation

Lieutenant

The day the plow comes off can only be matched in happiness by the day the kids are potty trained.

Bob_VT

Staff member

The day the plow comes off can only be matched in happiness by the day the kids are potty trained.

Well my "kid" will be 36 this year and my two grand kids 3 & 4 are already trained ;)

But yes.....pulling the plow and re-configuring for summer is a great feeling :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

It's all my fault. About a week ago I scattered my V6 merc down to the reeds all over the back casting deck. It then warmed up to mid 60's and 70's. Yesterday the parts came. Tonight it'll snow.

So you're the one! :facepalm: Grass is nice and white and at times the snow is blowing sideways.... Need to turn the "heat" on in the garage and finish hooking up that compressor today....

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Aargh, it snowed yesterday. About 3 inches. Supposed to melt today, but enough is enough.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

Yeh, I pulled mine off too. Ya just had to go and say something about it HUH?
4-20-11008.jpg

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer

10" of fresh snow this morning. Guess summer will have to wait a little longer.