1999 Honda BF90 Miss Fire

ejerry

Recruit
I have a 1999 honda BF90 that is miss firing. I have replace the plugs and I had the #2 coil replaced. It still misses, I check the firing with my timing light and it showed that the #1 & 2 spark plugs where firing slower than the #3 & 4 plugs when the engine was running at the same rpms. The # 1 coil supplies spark to the #1 & #4 plugs and the # 2 coil supplies spark to the #2 & #3 plugs, so I don't think its a coil problem. I also don't beleive that it is the pluse coils either as I have check them out with the ohm reading that was in my manual, if I did it right. Could it be the stator or maybe the control box. If any one has knowledge with this type problem please let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1999 Honda BF90 Miss Fire

Why are you so sure you have an ignition problem?Ignition problems are rare with these engines but carb issues can be common.Chances are if a valve adjustment ,compression test, and a harty fuel sample come up clean,you have carb work in your future.

ejerry

Recruit
Re: 1999 Honda BF90 Miss Fire

I just had the carbs completely cleaned and gone through, it might very well be the carbs, but I was going with what I could see as a issue of lack of consistant spark between the cylinders. Could the valve out of ajustment cause this?
Why are you so sure you have an ignition problem?Ignition problems are rare with these engines but carb issues can be common.Chances are if a valve adjustment ,compression test, and a harty fuel sample come up clean,you have carb work in your future.