HPDI fuel pressures

coop182

Recruit
cant seem to get any info from yamaha,,,,can anyone help
Ive been trying to diag problems with this z300 04 model ,, she runs up to 3200 rpm easy, but wont run out further fells like shes running low on fuel preessure
measured pressure at the vst while in gear holds about 25 psi at 3200
and the high preesure pump reads 850-900 psi then the engine starts falling back on power. is that psi to low for higher speeds

G3Joe

Cadet
stab in the dark?

stab in the dark?

I would ask Andy at Shipyard Island over on The Hull Truth Forum under Shipyard Island Marine Yamaha. He's quite helpful, I have been reading up on this engine of late and wonder if it might have something to do with the switches that are on the shift shoe. How many hours are on the engine and also could you tell me, are you using the Yamaha Diagnostic Software or a gauge of some type to read these pressures. Also what size fuel filter are you using, I've just installed a two micron that I got from SIM. Have you read this post?

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/326314-mystery-hpdi-fuel-pump-filters.html

Last edited:
Re: stab in the dark?

Re: stab in the dark?

Your fuel pressure is way down, hook to schrader valve at VST and test don't forget about regulator, float test medium pressure filter too.

fp.png