Getting ready (annual maintenance) for warm weather.

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
So I go to pull the old girl out of storage and discover one of the tires has gone flat.

Go dig out the portable 12 volt air compressor and pump it up enough to move it.

Get the battery from the charger and reinstall only to see the positive cable end needs a little cleaning so go get some tools and clean both cables. Install them and tighten down.

Turn on the key and all the guages and lights come to life after the long cold winter and I crank it over. The engine cranks, and cranks, and nada.

Hmm, clogged fuel filter I had forgotten about last fall when I stored it. Stop work and run to town to get a new one. 45 minutes later it's installed. Crank the engine again and Tada, she's running... sort of.

Pull the spark plugs and they are at the end of their life. Get ready to go back to town and as I'm looking things over the V-Belt is looking pretty tired so that too needs replaced. Off to town I go.

Long as I am in town I pick up the spark plugs, V-belt, an oil filter and oil and lube for the drive. May as well change it all.

Who in God's name designed the placement of an oil filter requiring I stand on my head to get to it?!?! Anyhow, another hour and a half and all the new parts are in place and I fire it back up. Purring like a kitten! V-Belt tension looks good, everything running smooth, no strange noises.

Put it in gear and, uh oh, that shift felt awful stiff. Another hour and the shifting linkage is adjusted and lubed and it shifts smooth as silk.

She's READY TO GO.

Holler at the wife and she comes out and I tell her, Woman, your riding mower is ready, now can I go work on my boat... :D