1976 monark 16' fiberglass hull info help

Bige1511

Cadet
ok so i bought my first boat its a oldie and i havent had any luck finding any info heres what i do know its a 1976 monark it has a 16 ft fiberglass tri hull....... right I know not much to work with im looking to compleatly restore any and all info welcome i have just the troll motor right know dont even know what size outboard i need any one got any thing simmular

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1976 monark 16' fiberglass hull info help

Most boats never came with an owners manual even when new. As far as outboard, there should be a tag somewhere inside with that information on it. 16' tri hull, I would guess in the 75 HP range?? As far as any other information we'll need a bit more detailed questions other than "information welcome" as there is a ton of information on any boat.

Bige1511

Cadet

Is there a certain kind of carpet for boats or can I use any kind it looks like they started to lay speaker carpet the black stuff it looks nice but will it work thanks cptn.

robotetra

Recruit

funny i got my first boat in dec. and that is it 1977 monark 16' mine has a 77' 85hp johnson on the back had it out 3 times with no problems.

Bige1511

Cadet

funny i got my first boat in dec. and that is it 1977 monark 16' mine has a 77' 85hp johnson on the back had it out 3 times with no problems.
Nice got any pictures looking to see what it looks like stock? One more question what are the holes on the back under where you mount the out board there are two of theme are they suppost to have caps any body got a clue thanks yes im a newb sorry for the dumb questions

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Is there a certain kind of carpet for boats or can I use any kind it looks like they started to lay speaker carpet the black stuff it looks nice but will it work thanks cptn.

There are certainly marine grade carpets out there designed just for your boat....but I've seen other type used....depending on your budget.....I've seen just the old indoor/outdoor from Home Depot in several boats and it holds up....well okay. And then there is the vinyl and just painting the deck.....so lots of options out there.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Nice got any pictures looking to see what it looks like stock? One more question what are the holes on the back under where you mount the out board there are two of theme are they suppost to have caps any body got a clue thanks yes im a newb sorry for the dumb questions

Most likely drain holes.....are they lined holes (do the have what looks like a brass or aluminum tube lining in them??) if so they are drain holes and just need some rubber plugs for them. If they are bare wood showing then most likely it's where "something" has been removed. A picture of them would help nail down the correct answer....;)

LeesvilleLake

Recruit

I'm a little late...like 2-1/2 years but if you are still looking for info, I may be able to offer some assistance. When I bought my cottage in 1991, it came with the previous owners 15' boat, in it's original state....most of it is still original. It is a 1975 MonArk with the original Johnson 9.9, original anchor system and original Johnson trolling motor still on it. Boat is bright green, reminiscent of the seventies. The seats had the MonArk logo on them (pic attached-I kept the old vinyl), but the vinyl was in such bad shape, I did re-cover them. Somewhere, I still have the original Hummingbird depth finder. We are still catching musky out of it Let me know if there is anything I can answer for you. monark back of seat vinyl.jpg