Eagle 371

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtgist

Seaman Apprentice
Hello everyone, being my first post, i would ask you about the maker of the Eagle 371 bow rider. There is one for sale down the road. I have never heard of that boat. I have searched around the web but no luck. Will post picture's later. Boat is fiberglass with an evanrude 70 hp with power tilt. Thank's for any help

girtgist

Seaman Apprentice
Eagle 371 now with pictures

Eagle 371 now with pictures

Looking for any info on this boat. I want to buy it but don't know anything about this make. The guy is asking 1200.00, good test ride, pretty firm floors. Needs to be cleaned and side's refurbed. My first post didn't have the pic's hope they help!!

Attachments

• new boat 008.jpg
    new boat 008.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 6
  • new boat 010.jpg
    new boat 010.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 5
  • new boat 009.jpg
    new boat 009.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 5
  • new boat 014.jpg
    new boat 014.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 5
  • new boat 016.jpg
    new boat 016.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 4

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Eagle 371 now with pictures

Looking for any info on this boat. I want to buy it but don't know anything about this make. The guy is asking 1200.00, good test ride, pretty firm floors. Needs to be cleaned and side's refurbed. My first post didn't have the pic's hope they help!!

Don't know about your neck of the woods but here it would be a steal if the floor and transom checked out. BTW, get a compression check done on the motor.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Looks good.

Okay here is what I see......... It looks like the boat is rated for a 135 according to the data plate and with a 70 on the transom it is "slightly" under powered but it will work. :) Rule of thumb FYI is 75% of the rated power and the boat will perform fine.

The motor is a 1988 which is great since it is prop rated HP and a true 70 HP. It is also a VRO which IF it should ever give you trouble..... we have a low cost cure for that here. ;)

It has power T&T which is good.

I think if it checks out good that $1200 is a fair price but I would offer $1000 just to negotiate....... can;t fault a person for trying.

Very nice looking hull and the trailer appears to be okay. A bunk galvanized trailer and be sure to re-pack those wheel bearings.

Yup..... I too am waiting for "ice out" which is coming but the lower portion of Champlain is open :D and not to far for me.

Shoot me a PM anytime.

Bob

I merged your posts

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Found 1/2 dozen Eagle boat co. One in Canada listing mosty larger boats but with numbers like
Eagle 265 or some such.
Only co. with any number anywhere near close.
Wouldn't hurt to tell us how long it is? Maybe some capacity info off the tag on the transom'
hp rating.Wouldn't hurt to put info in the other post.

Bob_VT

Staff member

Oh yeah one more thing........ on the transom on the upper right side as you stand behind the boat there should be a number molded or stamped into the hull.

Than number will have three letters and a bunch of numbers (Hull identification number HIN) This will tell us who the exact manufacturer is and what year the boat was made.

girtgist

Seaman Apprentice

trans # 002.jpgBob here is that pic of the HIN

Bob_VT

Staff member

DETAILS FOR MANUFACTURER IDENTIFICATION CODE EGM

MIC: EGM Status: Out of Business
Company: EAGLE MARINE CORP Company Official: JAMES H. PRICE
Parent Company: Parent MIC:
Address: 301 ROXBURY IND CTR City: CHARLES CITY
State: VA Zip: 23030
Fax: In Business: Friday, April 05, 1985
Out of Business: Wednesday, May 08, 1991 Date Modified: Thursday, February 22, 1996
Type: Inboards, Cabin Cruisers
Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats

Additional Address:
Comments: SEE (AIL)/ASSET PURCHASE 12/86/TYPE 13 & 18032487 FORMERLY:BOB SMOAK/5300 FARROW RD/COLUMBIA SC09/87:MOVED FROM RT 1, BOX 522/ST MATHEWS, SC 29135PARTNERS JAMES H PRICE & BALDWIN HICKEYCURRENT INFO AS OF 890718; OOB BSC 71 RETD 910508. MOLDS ACQUIRED BY CURRITUCK BOATS (CKF) 960222.

That info is from the USCG MIC Data base. Yup the company is out of business but I would not worry about it.

girtgist

Seaman Apprentice

Bob, you are the man!!! Wow your kindness in helping me find out about this boat nlow's me away. Thank you. The last bit of info is for steelespike my prop is ss and is 12 3/4 round - 21 pitch. If my motor is a little under powered should i change prop?

Bob_VT

Staff member

Nope your prop is fine. a 21 pitch is the best for that motor and top end ;)

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like a nice, clean, well maintained boat to me. As stated, if the floors are sound & the engine checks out,
that looks like a nice rig. Might not be able to get a sea test yet in your area, so at a minimum check that the
compression is good, and that it starts easily on muffs.

girtgist

Seaman Apprentice

Gozierdt, thank's for the input. The floor's are in great shape. When i got the boat home i put the battery on a charger, let that sit over night. The next morning hooked up the battery and the muff's, it fired up with the first turn of the key. I let it run for a while then took out the plugs checked compression and all is good. The plug's looked a little wet to me but my buddy said they looked fine. Just waiting to put the boat in the water with a full load and see how it goes. My last boat was a 12 ft starkraft alum. tiller run 9.8 hp, this is a big upgrade for me and now alot to learn, glad i found you fella's on Iboat's forum.

wdhm04

Recruit
Hello everyone, being my first post, i would ask you about the maker of the Eagle 371 bow rider. There is one for sale down the road. I have never heard of that boat. I have searched around the web but no luck. Will post picture's later. Boat is fiberglass with an evanrude 70 hp with power tilt. Thank's for any help
In the process of restoring 1 could you please send me picture of placard with info on it thx

Status
Not open for further replies.