volvo penta sea water pump impeller

jfalco

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i have a volvo penta aq211a 1988 engine and im looking to replace the raw water pump impeller, the boat is fresh water cooling but im looking for the part # for the sea water pump impeller, also im reading the manuel but it doesnt explain how to replace it, can someone explain how to replace it and what gaskets etc... i will need?

possum2082

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: volvo penta sea water pump impeller

i just changed my first impeller a few weeks ago. take off the 4 or so brass bolts holding the raw water pump impeller cover on and take the cover off (there should be a gasket of sorts). mine was a bit stuck and i needed to use 2 small flat head screwdrivers going back and forth to pry the impeller out on either side.

the number you will need should be on the impeller. i ordered a kit (impeller and gasket) on ebay with the number for $35. it even came with a small pack of ky jelly for installation purposes, of course.

good luck.

jfalco

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks possum thats kinda what i thought was involved i was hoping someone could give me the part # so i could get the part b-4 taking it apart

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This is from Volvo service bulletin 26-6-2

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 0

jfalco

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok impeller kit arrived today, part #3862281, there is a picture on the impeller box that says if u have this pump do not use this impeller kit, my pump looks exactly like the picture so i took the numbers off the pump front cover and they are f5b-1 and 10-24228-1 the b in the first number may be a 8 i just cant tell, i am just double checking before disasembling, also what are the two little rubber plugs for?

Last edited: