Any more suggestions? (printing from FireFox)***Solved***

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
This print issue from within FireFox is ****ing me off. I posted about this earlier and someone gave me a link to a FireFox Technical Forum. I posted there but got no response.

Here is the deal again. When you highlight a part of an email (livemail) and try to print the selection, it just prints a blank sheet with the email name header at the top of the page. The entire email will print. Additionally if you copy that same portion and try to paste it into Microsoft Word, Word tells you there is a problem and cannot find a solution, so it does not paste.

If you do all this from Livemail, in Internet Explorer, all works with no problems, ie paste to Word or Print Selection from the email.

This is all being done in Win 7 64 bit.

Any more suggestions on who or where to ask?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: Any more suggestions? (printing from FireFox)

It seems as if you are not the only one having this problem, I just did a search on google and there are lots of hits about this, but I did not find a solution, of course I didn't read through to many sites about it as I don't have live mail..

After doing a bit of reading on one of the tech forms, a person said they were able to get it to work, by using the "Print Icon" in Live mail itself, have you tried that?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

hay Boom haven't been around so this my help or not so bear that in mind.......check this site and the external links at the bottom also...could be a simple fix
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problems_printing_web_pages#Prints_to_a_small_portion_of_the_page

I had seen that dolluper. It did not cover the issue I was having.

......After doing a bit of reading on one of the tech forms, a person said they were able to get it to work, by using the "Print Icon" in Live mail itself, have you tried that?

Bingo! But what a convoluted mess. Livemail does have an obscure little printer icon. If you highlight a portion of the email and click on the icon, it brings up your entire email text in a new box then opens the printer box on top of it.

What you highlighted in the main mail page does not transcribe onto the newly opened message page and as such the 'selection' button, in the printer box, is not live.

What you need to do is to close the printer box, highlight the portion of the text you want to print in the newly opened 'message' window, then hit the word 'print' in that window and it will open up the print box once again. This time the 'selection' button is live and it will print what you selected.

Again, keep in mind, this is only necessary in FireFox. IE does not have this issue.

All I can say is Wow! I thought this was 2011?