??s about a 1970 Evi 115

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
For the fee helping to dispose of his SIL's old boat that has just sat in the driveway rotting my neighbour said I could have the motor and anything else off it I wanted. :D

So I now have a 1970 115hp Evinrude (model#115083D) to match the 70' Johnson 115 that's currently on my project boat in non running condition (needs a pulse pack I think). I was going to just rob the PP off it and use on the Johnson but the Evi has factory T&T which works so I'm hoping it only needs the carbs rebuilt due to sitting for years to get it running. In which case I'll swap the motors.

1. I need a key can I get just the key? Evi.com shows the push button remote which mine isn't and says switch and key are N/A is there a later switch that will work for me? The switch in the control box is a four pole switch.

2. The PP is wired different from what the manual shows, I assume since its not a factory PP. The red wire which I think should really just go right up to 12v feed on terminal strip had a wire ran to a toggle switch on the dash then onto a 12v supply.

Anyone know of a reason for this as opposed to just taking 12v from the terminal strip?

70Evi115PP.jpg

Attachments

• 70Evi115PP.jpg
    70Evi115PP.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 0

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: ??s about a 1970 Evi 115

You may be able to get just a key. All OMC key switches have the key number stamped on the barrel of the switch (the threaded part.) If you remove the switch, you should be able to see the number. Any dealer should be able to get you a factory precut replacement. Your original complete key switch 383493 supercedes to 386947, which is still available from any Bombarider dealer-about $ 56.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Re: ??s about a 1970 Evi 115

Thanks for the switch info.

Any other input on the wiring would be appreciated.