No Oil Alarm When Have Oil

I have a Johnson J90GLSDE 2006. After running for a few minutes the no oil alarm will buzz and the light on the gauge will stay on and flash every now and then. I have plenty of oil in the tank and I know the engine is actually getting oil as it smokes the way it always has. I tried to disconnect the oil sending unit attached to the tank but the alarm still went off. I'm just coming here to find out if there is a common cause for this or any way to test what could be going on. Thank you

Re: No Oil Alarm When Have Oil

I have had the smae problem with my 175 johnson ever since I Had a new powerhead put on. Took it back and they replace the VRo pump and it still does it from time ot time. I use that Johnson tune up in a can that you spray in yoru carbs. It will set the alrm off but after it all burns out , I won't have an alarm for a couple of months. Don't think this helps you any.

Ha, yeah that is strange. I'm wondering if anyone has even a wiring diagram I could look at.

I was just playing around with the wires by the VRO and the problem went away. I must have a bad connection there, unfortunately I don't think you can replace the connections without replacing the VRO so for now I'll just pray it doesn't happen again.