Deck Delamination

chrisbell

Recruit
I'm looking at purchasing a 2002 crusier but the port side deck is delaminated. Everything else looks okay on the boat, but should I still go through with purchase? Thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Deck Delamination

Welcome to iboats.

I would have the boat properly checked and maybe surveyed since that delamination on a 2002 hull only on one side is due to a problem and maybe a bigger problem lurking below the deck.

chrisbell

Recruit

Thanks for the response. The issue came up from a survey I had done. Surveyor believes it was probably caused by water getting into core from the windshield. I was told it was probably not cost effective to fix the delamination, but just to stop the water from entering by resetting the windshields. I like the boat and it was fairly priced, but now I'm not sure I want to deal with this problem? Is it a serious issue? Thanks

jonesg

Admiral

It depends what the core material is, if its balsa it will have to be fixed now.
Being a 2002 it sounds like you want a nice boat
Just because its not cost effective to fix the damage doesn't mean it doesn't need to be fixed.
It means you will have to do it.

I'd tell the seller to fix it and give you a call, its his problem unless you make it yours.

scipper77

Commander

I'd tell the seller to fix it and give you a call, its his problem unless you make it yours.

+1 on this line of thinking. This is probably why it's for sale. Could be a non issue or it could be a world of hurt to make it right.