mercury efi

etsteveb

Recruit
I'm trying to help a friend start his 06 Merc 40hp BigFoot efi. I'm an old school 2 stroke guy. I pulled the cowling & was lost! To start it, does it matter if high idle is up? Can you even flood a efi motor? Normally, this one cranks if you just touch the key
He said he cranks it every day for a few minutes, & then one day it didn't start,
I put fresh gas in. It never even gives an indication it wants to start. This motor has less than 40 hrs on it.
Thanks in advance

Timestep

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mercury efi

Check all the fuses at the back of the motor.

Dave

sxmerc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Need to verify if the electric fuel pump is running. With the cowl off, if the key is turned to the "on" position, you should hear the alarm sound for a second, and you should also hear the electric fuel pump cycle for about two seconds. This motor needs no help from the high idle lever to start if everything is operating correctly. Hopefully he never tried to run the motor out of fuel, as this will cause damage to the electric fuel pump.

tony nicholls

Recruit

Hi can you help please i have 60 hp efi it has blown hole through adapler plate can you tell me why engine has only done 235 hours in 9 years not much work at all thanks .tony in uk