New to forum

Todd28

Cadet
Hello everyone, just wanted to say how excited i was to see this forum. just purchased my first boat ( old, ugly, beat-up, 22ft 1980 Maurell with a 1980 100hp chrysler) and without a clue where to start. i was amazed at how much i learned just from browsing around this forum and cant wait to get the old girl back in shape and on the water! I can tell there are years and years of some serious boat knowledge floating around here so i will be asking a lot of questions, hopefully without being too much of a pain! Any help will be greatly appreciated and i plan on paying it forward as i progress through trial and error, seems to be what its all about here. Very cool

Redneck_Randy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New to forum

Welcome aboard also and enjoy your stay here at iBoats

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome aboard.... Fire away with your questions and they will be cheerfully answered.

Todd28

Cadet

thanks guys, i will post some pics soon. im just dooing alot of scrubbing right now. cleaning the toons this weekend.
i was lucky enough to find a used set of furniture and bimini top on CL for 600 bucks and the rest of the cosmetic stuff seems salvagable.
got the boat with a 2006 karavan scissor trailor for 1500, figured trailor was probably worth that.
i will be needing help when i get to the wiring/mechanical
just trying to get the boat in safe working order and looking decent with minimal investment. maybe then, the wife will see how much fun it is and let me buy a new one!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Welcome aboard Todd. Barges are so much fun. I just came in from an evening on the Arkansas River with my girls and my best buddy. Can't beat it. Keep us posted on your progress. It's an adventure.:cool:

MSGTRETIREDCSP

Seaman Apprentice

Welcome aboard Todd. You'll find that everyone is of great help and the best way to get help is to ask. Good luck in your project.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

Welcome aboard, Now the fun starts. Take your time, read everything, make a list, take a deep breath ,and enjoy the ride.