Recently purchase 1985 Ciera 2450 Sunbridge, Restore underway!

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade
port cutout.jpgtabbed in port side2.jpgPort side glassed in2.jpgJust wanted to say hello to everyone.
Recently purchased this beauty! I've started restoration in the engine bay....decks on either side of engine were rotting...I've torn out port side and replaced with MG ply, tabbed with 1708 biaxial cloth, finished off with a layer of mat and finally cloth. Began on Starboard side today...got old removed and most of the old ground out. Cut template and new plywood to fit, coated underside with resin.....will install tomorrow. Again....Hello!
Pics:

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Recently purchase 1985 Ciera 2450 Sunbridge, Restore underway!

The engine is AQ225d with 280 drive. I'll be overhauling this also. The motor itself has 300hours....previous owner has installed an automotive dist. cap....has the wrong QJ carb on it.....various dangerous wiring connections...all will be repaired/replaced ASAP...and it had mercruiser manifold/risers/thermostat housing....These are in almost new shape, I'd hate to spend 600 bucks for the VP version if these will safely and adequetly cool the motor. Any opinions? The VP version does not have the line to the risers as the merc. version does. IF safe to use the mercs, should I omit the riser connection? It ran fine with no cooling issues the way it was(mans/risers are off for inspections and cleaning....didn't need much as appear almost new)

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Recently purchase 1985 Ciera 2450 Sunbridge, Restore underway!

Moved to restoration forum.